To apply for a grant, your business will need to meet the Green BELLE eligibility criteria detailed below.
To apply for a Green BELLE grant, your business must meet a number of criteria*:
- 1Both the business and the premises in which you wish to install energy efficiency measures must be within Leicester or Leicestershire.
- 2Your business must meet all of the criteria listed below, in order to meet the EU definition of a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME).
- Has fewer than 250 employees
- Has an annual turnover that does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet that does not exceed €43 million
- No more than 25% of the organisation is owned by an enterprise that is not an SME in itself
- 3Your business must be within a sector eligible for support from EU funding programmes.
Ineligible sectors include: (please note that this is not a complete list)
- Banking and insurance companies, including insurance brokers
- Provision of local social welfare facilities, for example, hospitals, nursing homes, fire stations, child-minding facilities, sports facilities, parks, public libraries
- Farming, soil conservation and infrastructures
- Building and renovation of housing
- 4Your business must not have received over €200,000 in De Mininmis State Aid funding over the last three rolling years.
For more information on State Aid please visit: www.gov.uk/guidance/state-aid
Please note that all grant applications are subject to approval by the Green BELLE Grant Panel, and that Green BELLE is not able to provide grants towards measures that have already been purchased or installed, or where the installation has already been started.
We are also unable to provide grants to SMEs that have already received a Green BELLE grant previously.
*Full details of these criteria are available in the Eligibility Guidance Eligibility Guidance
Green BELLE Postcode Checker
Want to check if your business is in an area eligible for Green BELLE?
Just put the postcode of your premises into the box below to find out.