Before applying for a grant, your business will receive a site visit, which will look at which measures might be suitable for you. Some measures that may be eligible for funding are listed below.
To apply for a Green BELLE grant, your business must meet a number of criteria*:
- 1Both the business and the premises in which you wish to install energy efficiency measures must be within Leicester or Leicestershire.
- 2Your business must meet all of the criteria listed below, in order to meet the EU definition of a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME).
- Has fewer than 250 employees
- Has an annual turnover that does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet that does not exceed €43 million
- No more than 25% of the organisation is owned by an enterprise that is not an SME in itself
- 3Your business must be within a sector eligible for support from EU funding programmes. Ineligible sectors include:
- Banking and insurance companies, including insurance brokers
- Provision of local social welfare facilities, for example, hospitals, nursing homes, fire stations, child-minding facilities, sports facilities, parks, public libraries
- Soil conservation and infrastructures
- Building and renovation of housing
- 4Your business must not have received over €200,000 in De Mininmis State Aid funding over the last three rolling years.
For more information on State Aid please visit: www.gov.uk/guidance/state-aid
*Full details of these criteria are available here.
For more information, or if you are not sure whether you are eligible or not, please contact the Green BELLE project team: 0116 454 2700
Green BELLE Postcode Checker
Want to check if your business is in an area eligible for Green BELLE?
Just put the postcode of your premises into the box below to find out.